Friday, January 24, 2014

Pregnancy, New Cars... This is it!

So stressed out. I need to remember to breathe every now and again.
I'm getting better at it but things are moving so fast!

In November DH and I decided to start trying to have a baby. Last week, we got a positive test! YAY! Bad thing is that I'm due to go to school for the military soon. EEK! I'll be good though, got confirmation from a few different people and an appointment with my doc in a couple days so I'll ask her too but I should be fine to go. It's still earlier enough in my pregnancy to go.

Since we're expecting a baby we decided to go ahead on our new car. We've been thinking about getting into a new car since neither of ours would be able to hold Twig's big dog crate AND a baby seat. So we've decided to upgrade, we've been looking into cars since November when we decided to start trying for a baby... Finally decided that we'll go for a new Subaru Impreza 5door. They're super-nice, we got one in blue, it's got black cloth interior so it shouldn't show stains... bad news was the price-tag... I mean, we'll be OK (if we weren't I wouldn't have decided to get the new car!) but it's still stressful. I can't wait until I get out of school... then I'll be able to get my promotion and I'll feel like a million times better about everything.

I know it sounds like I'm probably not in a great place to have a baby, but honestly, I think we're in great shape to have a baby. I know I'm stressed right now, but really, I feel like half the stress is just me dealing with pregnancy hormones. Like, if I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't be stressed about this stuff. If I wasn't pregnant, I wouldn't have a reason to BE stressed, you know? Why bother? Hubby and I have been existing for a while now... little to no stress, we knew exactly how much cash we had on hand, but we still weren't getting anywhere... Now, I feel like I have a new meaning. I've got stuff to learn, something to live for... something new to take care of and help out. I LOVE teaching and I love babies. I feel like this is what I'm supposed to be doing. I finally, for the very first time, in my ENTIRE LIFE feel like I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, and where I'm supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment