Friday, March 20, 2015

Surgery, Farm Plans and More!

So. I had surgery a couple weeks ago.... If anyone ever asks if you want surgery to tighten up your ankle, just say no! Or opt for amputation! LOL my little sister keeps saying amputation means permanent crutches but I say there are prosthetic limbs...

In all seriousness the surgery went fine and the recovery is going pretty well. I'm getting the cast off in a little while (25th!) and then I get a boot :( not sure if I'll be walking on it or not with the boot.

------
I've got my raised bed built. I'm going with 'ask forgiveness, not permission' for the garden. They didn't say I COULDN'T build one so I figure as long as I fix it before I leave in good.
I've got broccoli, summer squash and winter squash planted and blueberry bushes and strawberry plants on the way :-)
I've also got my eye on a couple of farmers markets in the area that I'm gonna start going to. The plan is to can some fruits and stuff and freeze the veggies so we can have 'fresh' veggies all year long.

I've also got my goat fence plans, chicken coop plans and I think I know what I'm doing as far as rabbit hutches and stuff. Plans are finally coming together.
---
I'll be back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment